Friday, May 5, 2017

End of the Semester

I don't think I've ever been able to write so quickly in my life. I feel like a wordsmith with all the content I'm putting out in all my classes. I just remember last summer trying to get a short story on its feet, but only being able to get out half a page at a time. I can't wait to revisit my creative writing projects this summer so I can use this writing momentum to my advantage.
Right now, I have a detective mystery waiting for me in one of my google docs folders. It has the best opening scene: Detective Harper is warning the cops at the station about the horrific murders happening all over town, but they don't prioritize it since it's only happening to the "low" members of society like drug fiends and prostitutes. Harper gets frustrated with their apathy, but is interrupted by a knock at the station door. When they open it, a body is laying on the steps-- and it has an uncanny resemblance to Harper, even down to the way his hair is parted. I can't wait to explore this story more.

No comments:

Post a Comment