Friday, May 5, 2017

So many papers...

I think I have made some of my best papers this semester, and not just because I learned how to finally use MLA successfully. I was able to choose topics that I found interesting and explored them well, I think. I am most proud of my organic chemistry honors project, which detailed the chemistry behind art conservation and restoration. It was very difficult, but as I want to go into it as a career, I found a lot of motivation to write it. Plus it's cool! I love seeing the evolution of a restoration, and watching a painting go from damaged to "brand new". It was irritating to learn about all the failed restorations in the past, though, and I can't help but think of that old painting of Jesus that was screwed up by some lady in Mexico and became a meme. I hope that isn't me one day, in fact, I know it won't be.

No comments:

Post a Comment