Thursday, April 27, 2017

Another Source


Let's get right into it.


Shame and Pride by Donald Nathanson was a terrific source for the shame portion of my essay (obviously.)  But I think what helped me best to understand the book was reading a journal article by Jeff Elison (et al.) titled "Shame-Focused Coping: An Empirical Study of the Compass of Shame."  The writers showed the connection between Nathanson's and Tomkins's theories about shame and its affects.  The summaries in it on the compass of shame were very nice, and I'm glad I found this source through one of the sample papers posted for the class. 

Seriously, note to all future eng.102 students: the sample papers have some hidden gold in them. I think I found one other good source this way too, but I can't for the life of me remember. 

One final note: I think I might want to read Nathanson's book all the way through some day. Just not a week away from finals. 


No comments:

Post a Comment