Friday, April 28, 2017

What I would do differently

I have a boatload of suggestions for past-me on this topic. For one, as soon as you find a source that looks relatively good, cite it!! You can always get rid of it later, but digging for it is going to be a pain. And also, start your annotated bibliography as soon as possible and start adding notes to your cited sources right after you read the source. Add keywords in your annotations, so that when its time to do the research paper, you can ctrl+F to find which source you need quickly. Cause trust me, you won't be able to remember every single source and what it covered!
Another thing I would do differently would be to find a consistent way of keeping notes. For whatever reason, post-its work best for me. I tried to change this system half way through and take notes on a separate sheet of paper, but it just wasn't the same and I had trouble keeping organized.
Until next time,
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment